ABOUT CAFÉ BRITT®
Café Britt® started the way most out days do: with the search for great coffee.
A HISTORY OF GOURMET COFFEE
Costa Rica has been producing some of the world’s best coffee for more than one hundred years. Before Café Britt®, however, all gourmet coffee was exported. Costa Ricans and visitors to the country only had access to the lower-quality beans reserved for domestic consumption. But where many people would have seen a barrier, the founders of Café Britt® saw an opportunity.
More than three decades later, we are still offering Costa Rica’s finest gourmet coffee.
Since the beginning, Café Britt® has roasted in the country of origin. It’s one of our hallmarks and one of the biggest differences between us and other coffee companies. Our coffee is picked, roasted, and packed in Costa Rica, and then it’s delivered fresh to you.
We are particularly proud of our reputation as a socially and environmentally responsible company, focusing on the well-being of our employees, our community, and the environment.
Café Britt® is dedicated to continuously improving and innovating our product line, which currently includes hundreds of gourmet products including coffee, chocolate, and cookies. We are so sure that you will love our products that we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Our certifications reflect our commitment to 100% quality. Reliability: ISO Certifications ISO-9001:2000. Café Britt® has met or exceeded international quality standards in management and processes according to the exhaustive assessment of an independent authority. This certification has improved the quality of our products and renewed our focus on our customers.
Certifiably… Green!: ISO-14001:2004 Costa Rica’s official standards authority has certified that all of Café Britt’s operations comply with international standards for environmental protection. This certification confirms our commitment to developing earth-friendly practices for all our products and services.
ABOUT COSTA RICAN COFFEE
Costa Rican coffee is committed to conserving resources, protecting the environment, producing efficiently, is competitive and contributes to farmers’ quality of life and society as a whole.
COFFEE PRODUCTION IN COSTA RICA
- 8 Coffee regions: Central Valley, West Valley, Tarrazú, Tres Ríos, Turrialba, Orosi, Brunca, Guanacaste
- The coffee area of the country is over 100,000 hectares
- The country produces 2.5 million coffee bags (60 kg each bag) per year ( 150 000 000 kg )
- One harvest of coffee per year. Timing of the harvest depends on the region
- There are around 80,000 coffee farmers in Costa Rica, especially small families business
- Around 150 Coffee Factories that transform the fruit parchment coffee, washed, dried and stored
- Around 93 roasters and coffee grinders
- Only grow Coffee 100% Arabica and high quality
- Process: Wet and Dry process, Sun-dried. (Double/Fully Washed, Natural, White/Yellow/Honey)
- Never apply insecticides or pesticides to treat the coffee plants, totally prohibited in the country
- Practice shade growing to create natural habitat for local fauna, to avoid soil erosion and benefit from the natural decomposition of tree leaves to fertilize soil, very organic treatment
- All the coffee are hand-picked
SOIL AND CLIMATIC CHARACTERISTICS
Costa Rican soils has a slight degree of tropical acidity, soils are enriched by volcanic ash soil. They are also rich in organic matter and this allows a good distribution of the roots of the coffee plant that retains moisture and provides oxygenation. Over 70% of production comes from the mountains, where the heights range from 1000 – 2100 masl. and the temperature is between 17 C° and 23 C°, sunlight is stable and optimal amount of rain.
Costa Rica’s climate has two seasons: one of moderate rains during the cherry’s growth and development; and one of diminished precipitation- the dry season, which coincides with the harvest.
WELCOME TO VISIT AW® SHOWROOM!
Please, AW® CONTACT to make an appointment for your visit, a project consultancy, budgets, services, products, contracts, wholesale price lists and catalogues.